Since ancient times the horse has always been a man’s best friend, both in their job tasks as in leisure and sports activities. The PRE breed (Pure Spanish Breed) is well known worldwide for its nobility and elegance in its movements and maneuvers. Riding tradition in Spain has been getting stronger over the centuries, representing one of the most important cultural elements of this beautiful land.
This ancient and fascinating Spanish tradition sees horse and rider work together and gave rise to a disciplined competition that codified the movements used in controlling cattle. It was especially developed out of the use of horses for handling the fighting bulls of Spain and grew out of decades of daily work with them in the open countryside. The rider must boast impressive intuition and sensitivity, in addition to total harmony with the horse. This type of riding is internationally known as Dressage. This course is designed especially for fans of horse riding and this magnificent animal.
COURSE CONTENTS1. Theoretical and historical introduction to the PRE breed and the doma vaquera riding style
2. Security measures for the proper conduct of the exercises
3. Preparation and management of tools required for riding
4. Practical techniques with rope5. Technical practice on track, execution of basic Dressage maneuvers
6. Technical practice in open field, with walks through the beautiful paths between land and sea, through pine forests and beautiful pristine beaches
7. Accidental insurance coverage during the courses hours
8. Transportation from/to school
NOTE: If due to weather conditions it is not possible to complete the course, Gondwana will give you an alternative option of a different activity, otherwise a portion of the class will be refunded.
English style riding and Amazona style riding are available upon request.